Services from Volunteers
Our services, provided by a network of experienced volunteers, include:
Our vetted drivers can take you to events, shops and medical appointments, and take you home when you are ready to go. In some situations the driver can stay with you and help with your errand.
Our volunteers can help with a great variety of tasks in and around your home, such as moving or assembling furniture, minor painting or minor repairs. For larger projects or recurring maintenance, we can help you find a dependable, vetted professional.
- Assistance with electronics
If that new cell phone or television remote controller has you baffled, we can help set it up and teach you to use features that are important to you.
- Friendly visits and calls
Our volunteers can drop by for a brief chat or check in with a call to see how your day is going.
We can transport you to and from the supermarket, and help you with your cart while you focus on your list.
We can transport you and your pet to and from the veterinarian or help you find a reputable dog walker or kennel.
If you need an item or two from the store or need someone to pick up a prescription from the pharmacy, we can help.
- Assistance with paperwork
We can help you fill out forms or interpret messages you receive by mail and help you read contracts with service providers.
If you are sight-impaired, our volunteers can come to your home to read important correspondence and other materials out loud.
If you need non-routine help pulling weeds or planting seeds, we can provide up to two hours of assistance. For routine lawn care or larger scale projects, such as pruning trees, we can help you find a reputable contractor.
If you need a service that cannot be provided by a volunteer at Conejo Valley Village, typically because it requires a business license or specialized training, we can provide referrals to verified contractors. The cost of such services will be determined between the member and the contractor. In some cases, we can negotiate a discount on the vendor’s standard pricing. Such services may include:
- Home health care services
- Major home repairs or renovations
- Major landscaping services
- Legal or accounting services
Social Activities and Educational Programs
In addition to individual services the Conejo Valley Village offers a variety of social and educational programs designed to help members get the most out of living in our community. These programs typically involve events tied to a specific date or period of time, and thus it is best to consult our calendar for details. Types of events include:
- Group participation in theater performances or movie showings
- Restaurant tours for lunch or dinner with friends
- Excursions to museums, art galleries, zoos and other venues
- Lecture series of topics of interest to members
- Holiday events
- Expert advice and workshops to help navigate the transitions of aging
- Engaging programs and affinity groups: book and movie groups, meditation and yoga groups, walking and hiking groups , bridge and mahjong groups and lessons to improve your skills
- Potluck dinners at members' houses which provide opportunities to get to know other CVV members.
Some of these events may be offered in conjunction with our community partners.